Wednesday, December 12, 2012

All

Over the years, I have been able to temper my perfectionism. Once I saw it for what it was, which for me was false pride and a feeling of not being good enough in and of myself. On purpose, I began to stop and say, "Okay. This will do." I eased off the pressure, and found to my surprise, that I did things even better when I relaxed. I wrote about the difference between perfectionism and excellence here.

That all being said, I do throw myself wholeheartedly into everything I do. I have a lot of enthusiasm. Yesterday at work, I was depending on someone who seems to do just enough to get by. There were a couple of places that she could have picked up the pace just a little, you know rise to the occasion and all that, but she didn't. I had to check my judgmental attitude toward her, because that isn't helpful.

She's just not an all or nothing kind of gal. Now sometimes I have wished that I could be a little more lukewarm about things, but it's not who I am. And really, being excited and enthusiastic and throwing my whole being into something makes me really happy.

Susan

"All or Nothing" written by Oscar Hammerstein II and Richard Rodgers


No comments:

Post a Comment