Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Inspiration

"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." Steve Jobs

I used to be a perfectionist, and it wasn't a pretty sight. I had unrealistic expectations of myself, and was quick to condemn myself when I didn't meet them. I got tired of living that way, so I decided to change it. Once I took the self-imposed pressure off, I found that I actually performed better.

I no longer strive for perfection, but I am a big fan of excellence. If it's worth my time and effort, it's worth doing well. It's worth my best shot.

I am thankful for the people in my life who by their own example of excellence, lift me up and inspire me to do my best.

What about you? Who, in your life, is a yardstick of quality? And have you thanked them lately for inspiring you?

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Ooh...this is short and very power filled! I love that no longer striving for perfection but being a big fan of excellance. My father....once again...always said you must do things "first class", or why do it at all!

    ReplyDelete